Sunday, May 13, 2007

Bloomin' Mother's Day!

Hello everyone! Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there! It is a beautiful day here - and it was such a blessing to have 2 of my kids with me to worship today. An even bigger blessing, to take communion with them. This was a great way to start the day. We had a nice dinner - and they were off to their dad's house.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day - filled with blessings of children and all that goes with them.

My Heidi made the Chamber Orchestra - this is an audition only orchestra at her school. After much hard work and practice - she made it on Friday! Here is a "hurrah" to Heidi for making this one pround mom! You are amazing, Heidi.

Did you all have a nice weekend? I did some house cleaning on Saturday morning - and Saturday afternoon I sat in the sun and knit! At LONG last my BF socks are complete. How do they look?

They will be blocking shortly and winging their way to their deserving recipient. I have truly loved knitting these socks for my pal. Each stitch was lovingly done - she is truly an amazing person. I am eager to see if she likes them!! The color and the pattern will suit her to a "T".

Here is to all of us moms having an awesome afternoon - blessings to all of you!


10 comments:

Diana said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too! Congratulations to Hannah, what an amazing accomplishment! I like the pattern in your socks. Even though I just bought my first 'Socks that Rock' yarn in wonderful colors I still think solid colors are perfect for socks and the abilty to see the fancy patterning going on.

Anonymous said...

Your socks look wonderful!

Happy Mother's Day to you!

kathy b said...

Happy Mothers Day to you.

Blessed we are to know others through cyberspace. I love your BF socks. So lovely. Just send them to me!

kathy b said...

Happy Mothers Day to you.

Blessed we are to know others through cyberspace. I love your BF socks. So lovely. Just send them to me!

kathy b said...

Happy Mothers Day to you.

Blessed we are to know others through cyberspace. I love your BF socks. So lovely. Just send them to me!

Karen said...

Oh very pretty socks! They came out really nice. Your pal is going to love them!

Unknown said...

Congrats to the daughter! Big deal for her. happy Belated Mother's Day. Love the socks.

Knittymama said...

Oh, those are so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing some nice looking socks!

Debbie said...

i find knitting to be wonderfully rewarding as i knit for a specific person. i am always thinking about them as i knit. i don't always knit with a purpose but when i do, it always feels best!! LOVE the socks!! i have yet to tackle socks * sigh *